Whilst validating my information picked up a difference between the information entered in the table and that on my data capture form. This first shot shows it incorrectly I then changed the information so that the platform is show as “All” rather than “GC”, as the game is available on all consoles, rather than being a GameCube exclusive. I created a number of different searches, these would be able to easily different customers questions as well as advising them on what games they are likely to enjoy. I created eight different queries.
These allow me to set the system up so that a customer could quickly and easily find the information that they need. There are a number of similar searches which allow you to find the information by entering the information for one field, these allow you to search by: the name of the game, the name of the game’s developer or by the name of the publisher. There is another query which allows you to find a game that a certain number of players can use, for example just 1, or 1-4. There is a genre search that will bring up all games in a specific genre.
The is a rating search which will allow the user to find games within a certain percentage boundary. The results are displayed in two different ways, a table which is read only when there is only a few results (e. g. for the complex search) and a form when there are quite a few games, for example when you search by rating, so that you can see all the information for all of them in the most eye friendly manner. Design My table is laid out with the most important information on the left and the least important on the right. It is done with the most important on top in forms.
This Means that the name of the game is on the left as it is the most important piece of information. The URL of a website where a review for the game can be found is on the right of the table (or bottom of the form) as it is the least important piece of information. The table is shown here. When there are multiple results it is organised by the genres, in alphabetical order. This means that similar games are kept together, and the game which received the higher score are at the top, so the best games are at the top of each genre group.
This shot shows how the validation rule I set up displayed an error when the data entered was not sensible. It shows the effect of trying to enter text into a numeric field. My Data capture form can be found on page . I used it to find the RRP (recommended retail price) for games which I could not find at a regular price on the internet. I therefore only had to use it for a handful of games. I was not required to find out all the information for it as a lot of it was found in the Directory of CUBE ™ or on different websites such as www.
hmv. co. uk where I found information such as the RRP . This shot shows the RRP for a game called “legend of Zelda”. Results This is the design for a complex search. It finds the game that suits you most by asking you a question about each criterion, and if you don’t know them you can leave it blank. This allows you to search for a game by developer. This allows you to search for a game by the number of players it caters for. This allows you to search for a game by the platform it is available on.
This allows for the staff to find out the price of the game by entering the name of the game and the platform it is on. This allows you to find all the games released by a certain publisher. This query allows you to find all the games in a certain genre. Using this query you can find out all the information for a game by entering its name. With this I can find all the games which have a certain rating. Or you can find all the games which have a rating starting in 0. 9 (which would bring up all games scoring 90% or above).